Note To The Learner
This Learner Guide provides a comprehensive overview of the module. It is designed to improve the skills and knowledge of learners, and thus enabling them to effectively and efficiently complete specific tasks.
Purpose:The purpose of the qualification is to enable qualifying learners to apply the relevant competences required for proactive participation as a Ward Committee member so that they achieve municipal objectives.
The learning outcomes contained in this qualification are based on the competencies required to contribute to the effectiveness of municipal processes from a Ward Committee perspective. These competences relate to:
- Conducting or participating in formal and informal meetings to achieve Ward Committee objectives.
- Assisting in implementing municipal objectives and overall objectives of Local Government by displaying an understanding of core municipal functions as they relate to a Ward Committee context.
- Facilitating relations between Local Government and citizens to effectively support the implementation of its objectives.
- Facilitating service delivery in a Ward Committee context.
Exit Level Outcomes:
- Conduct formal meetings to achieve Ward Committee objectives.
- Demonstrate an understanding and apply the role of Ward Committee member in the context of core municipal processes.
- Display an understanding of core municipal functions and Ward Committee in these functions.
- Facilitate service delivery in ward committee context.
Topic Elements To Be Covered Include:
- Module 1: Mathematical Literacy
- Module 2: Communication Skills
- Module 3: Ward Committee Induction
- Module 4: Service Delivery within the Ward Committee System
- Module 5: Project Management
- Module 6: Institutions within Ward Committee Governance
- Module 7: Interpersonal Skills
It is assumed that the learner is competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 1.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1.